Wednesday, March 30, 2011

March 30, 2011

How it's been so long!!! I haven't had a second to stop and write to you guys in a while. Since I just got notice that I will not have a job in September, because of our lovely budget cuts; I have plenty of time to write. Well let me fill you in with all the drama my sixth grade class has been causing. I can't believe how bad the students keep getting every year. There isn't a minute in my day that is boring, thanks to my wonderful, gifted students!(NOT)I really can't stand this class. First of all I have become a special day class teacher. Even though I am not qualified to be one. I have so many special needs kids in my class that I have no idea what to do with them. I truly believe that teaching has become babysitting.
I love when parents who try to enroll their kids with special needs into our school, and conveniently forget to mention that their child has an IEP. I don't understand why as a parent you would do that to your own child. There is a damn reason why your child has a IEP. THEY NEED HELP!!!!!!! They aren't able to function normally and need special guidance. So we got this one kid recently and we had no idea that he had a 30 page IEP. Let me paint a picture for you; he has no social skills, reads and comprehends at a second grade level and extremely in need of a one on one. I have no idea why he was brought to a school that can't provide these services for him. People don't get that we are a small charter school and do not have all the capabilities of a large school. Yet every year we get all these special needs students and are expected to work miracles. I am so sick and tired of worrying about test scores!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment