Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My sixth grade class 2010

This class is so horrible, I don't even know where to begin. They are the most immature students that I have ever had. They don't listen to directions, they can't stay in their seats, and can't shut their mouth, even if their life depends on it. Today one of my boy students said to me, "Mrs. Karamanukyan, isn't it funny how girls have four lips." Can you believe that. I don't think what he said is funny, I think that these kids need to be controlled better. They know way to much for their age and they try to act like they are older and they are so cool. I have one girl in my class that already has been in Juvi. The worst part is that her own mother sent her there, because she couldn't control her own 11 year old. She is definitly a piece of work. She acts like she is this little tuff cookie, that no one can mess with, but deep down she is just a lost child with no love. I had the students write about an event in their life that they remember and it could have been a good or bad experience. I had 4 students write about a time that they were caught shoplifting something. I was so shocked that they would even share that with anyone. The kids these days have no shame. What has happened to our society. I can't believe the type of students that I have to deal with day in and day out. It's so funny how the everyone expects teachers to work miracles. I think that the blame is not the schools, its the parents. We have to take a step back and see what the parents are doing wrong.

1 comment:

  1. It's the parents to blame! Just like you said, they have no control over their kids!

    ReplyDelete