Thursday, April 7, 2011

This was hilarious! One of my sixth grade students hands me a yellow party favor box and says, Mrs. Kara this is for you. So I open it later in the day and find out that it was a party favor to a boys birthday party. I have no idea why he would think that I would need a child's party favor. (I guess it is the thought that counts!) LMAO!!!! These are the days of my life. Can't wait til June!!! Can't believe how done I am with teaching middle school kids. I just can't see the reward in this profession anymore.

So yesterday in our teacher meetings, we had this huge discussion about a fund raiser the high school students came up with. Get this, the fund raiser is to buy pies and throw them on the teachers. Now how many of you would be okay with that???? (Just wondering) I feel like teaching has become such a joke already. Kids are so disrespectful already and I feel like that is just to much enjoyment for them! Sure I would buy and throw a pie at them too. (LOL) I'm sure that will never happen. So why should it be okay for them to throw it on a teacher. I went to college for seven years, so that I can work in a profession that is full of crap. NO RESPECT! NO PAY! TOO MUCH WORK!!! This day in age we can't let students throw pies at a teacher, we are already fighting for respect! I think this would just put us down! Let me know what you guys think???

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you. Students have absolutely no respect for their teachers. By them simple coming up with that idea, shows how little respect they do have for them.

    I went into teaching because I respected my teacher and believed that teaching was an honorable and respected career, but these days.. I an in the same state of mind as you!

    ReplyDelete