Friday, May 20, 2011

I can't believe what a morning I had today! It all started off with coming in to work to a class that can't not for the life of them, BEHAVE!!!. It's like the minute I get here I am already having a bad day, because I deal with such obnoxious kids. In the mornings we have a short period called advisory. In this 25 min we take care of the things that we have to for the day and the students are supposed to be silent reading. (For the life of me I can't get these kids to READ) So two of my students wouldn't listen so I sent them out! So they walk to the office and tell the dean that I literally through them out of the class by grabbing one of the students. Of course this was completely made up; I was so pist off!!! I can't believe the crap that I deal with this crap daily! Working with middle school students makes me want to quit teaching for good! I don't want my success to be measured by students that are not even in the correct grade level. Why should I have to not only do my job, but do the job that the parents should be doing. Teachers get so much smack about not doing their job, but the truth of the matter is that it is the parents not doing theirs. Wow would the parents like to be rated by their children's performance. Let me tell you a lot of parents would be failures! If you aren't ready to take upon the full responsibilities then don't bring any children into this world. I love parents who have 4+ kids and every single kid is a lost cause. Their are great parents out their too, its just that they are really rare now a days. I just need to change my profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment